The days begin with a briefing about where we are going to be and any particular aspect of painting or drawing, that will free up the hand and give confidence. The morning then continues with drawing or painting in the medium of the day or the artist's choice of media.
After lunch we continue with work started in the morning, finishing around 4.30pm. We can also set up a longer painting opportunity if desired.
- Day 1 – drawing in pencil, aquarelles or watercolour at the castle
- Day 2 – charcoal drawing at a 300 year old oil processors
- Day 3 drawing/painting in the countryside around Spoltore
- Day 4 – Visiting tutor teaching in the local landscape*
- Day 5 – Sketching and painting at the local market
- Day 6 – Working on final pieces and set up of local exhibition
* Subject to availability
On at least two days we will make excursions to Citta’ S. Angelo, Lorreto Aprutino or the oil farm/vineyard. Here artists can do swift sketches and photographs or work on larger pieces. The tutor will always be on hand to help explain the process of choosing a subject, finding a mood, composition and the techniques available. We look at how to make visual notes in a sketchbook and take digital photographs enabling further work at home.
You can paint in the squares, in one of the many shady narrow streets, the church, medieval convent or up at the ruins of the castle with it’s spectacular 360 degree views of the surrounding mountains, green hills and the sea. There are several local bars to get the perfect local cappuccino when you need a break.
Citta’ S. Angelo
A renaissance town with spectacular palazzos and views or Loretto Aprutino with its old castle (now a spectacular hotel with pool), oil and ceramic museums.